Do you prefer a trash bag with ot without a draw string?

Friday, February 26, 2010

She's Gone Quiet Again

Over the years, I've met a few women who withdrew as a way of dealing with adversity. I wrote this for one such lady. Peace to all...



She's gone quiet again
it's how she deals with pain
she withdraws deep inside herself
won't even speak to friends
the pattern just repeats itself
she cannot break the chains
tried hard yet cannot wash away
her past and how it stains

She has nothing to say
can't even type her thoughts
she struggles to express herself
but gets tied up in knots
she says no one can help her
as she heads down this road
it seems there is no rescue
when she goes to silent mode

She just can't convey
the things she wants to say
she is at a loss for words
says words have lost their way
I'd like to try and help her
take her hand, lead her to light
and I am right here for her
if she wants to call or write

She's gone quiet again
like when she was a kid
she promised that she wouldn't
yet just as before she did
But who am I to judge her?
I don't walk in her shoes
I hope that she will find the strength
to speak and thus break loose

No comments:

Post a Comment