Do you prefer a trash bag with ot without a draw string?

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Peanut Butter Sandwich

" there's a food goin' around that's a sticky, sticky goo..peanut, peanut butter....well it tastes real good but it's so hard to chew." Lyrics from Peanut Butter by The Marathons...1961

I blog a lot and I'll freely admit that I do a poor job of marketing my blog. I've researched successful blogs, most operate with a theme such as " new moms " or " recipes." I'm not new and lack the proper equipment to be a mom, so I've decided to go the recipe route. What follows is my first attempt, targeting other single males who may lack culinary skills and have a distaste for cleaning pots, pans, and baking dishes. Today you'll need the following:

2 slices of bread

a jar of peanut butter

a knife

paper plate
_________________________________________________________________________

place 2 slices of bread on paper plate

open jar of peanut butter by twisting lid counter clockwise ( for those of you South of the Mason-Dixon line, twist lid to the left )

apply peanut butter generously to one slice of bread ( I've found a good rule of thumb to be if right-handed, apply to the slice on the right, if left-handed, saturate the left slice...and if you're ambidextrous, use both slices, you lucky son-of-a-gun).

place one slice directly on top of the other

Time of preparation....2 minutes

once one has mastered this, one can add jelly ( one needs a jar of jelly AND another knife, especially when entertaining )for a change of pace, thus doubling the number of dining choices...the best thing about it is that everything is disposable, much like online friends ; P Peace to all.....John :-)

1 comment:

  1. Does the kind of bread matter? How much peanut butter? Is it OK if I use a foam plate instead of a paper plate? (I do realize that a real plate is out of the question.)

    ReplyDelete