Do you prefer a trash bag with ot without a draw string?

Saturday, January 30, 2010

A Cat Picture


I was so naive when I first drove up the entrance ramp and merged onto the internet highway 13 years ago. I found out the room titled " C D Chat" was NOT about music, but cross-dressing ( those guys messaged me for days )I thought I'd relay something else that happened in my first few days online...


She was the first female I chatted with,

a quick wit and a sharp mind

A thoroughly delightful lady

one I was lucky to find


after we'd talked a while, she asked

"would you like to see my cat?"

I said, " ok, send that picture my way"

she's an animal lover, imagine that!


in a few seconds, the picture arrived

I clicked on the email icon

and in the next few moments

my online innocence was gone


where is the cute face

the tail, and the 4 tiny paws?

where are the little whiskers

and the kitty's 4 sharp claws?


this breed was not familiar,

in the picture that she took

so I thought I'd better blow it up

solely to have a better look


It was not a siamese, a bobtail,

nor was this cat an angora

Could be an American Shorthair

but still I was not sure uh


I guess the point I seek to make

here within my rhyming prose

that things can catch one by surprize

some pics come without clothes!


the online lessons I have learned

I ponder, this cold day in December

and with each file that I open could,

give new meaning to "online member"

No comments:

Post a Comment