Do you prefer a trash bag with ot without a draw string?

Thursday, February 25, 2010

My Geriatric Baby

I've a lot of time on my hands with the real estate market being slow. After reading this perhaps you'll think too much. But it was suggested earlier that my music would soon be playing at the old folks home. So I get this vision in my head. The weekly dance, girls and guys swaying to Foghat's " Slow Ride" ( let's face it, at that age what other kind of ride would it be?) The " Orthopedic Sock Hop"...I turn to a guy and ask, " you think her's are real or falsies?" only at this age we mean teeth!!

Last night as we danced on the floor
how the light hit your hair
it's beautiful reflection masked
the 3 inch bald spot there

you were a delight on the floor
I watched you in amazement
I don't think anyone would guess
you've had 2 hip replacements

the conversation we enjoyed
my dear you were a talker
and how your brand new dress did match
the color of your walker

yes oh your bright and winning smile
an image that will last
to see your teeth shining outside
the confines of a glass

and when I grew a little bored
we played some dot to dot
it helped to get to know you by
connecting liver spots

so meet me at Bingo tonight
cause girl I'm hoping maybe
we'll repeat events of last night
my geriatric baby.....

No comments:

Post a Comment