Do you prefer a trash bag with ot without a draw string?

Monday, February 22, 2010

Discount Dissin'

I'd finished my phone duty at our real estate office and after doing some research for a client, I hurried out to my car. I was hungry so I headed off towards the city of Huber Heights as there are plenty of dining choices from which to pick. I had the urge to love on some chicken, suddenly remembering that the KFC in Springfield had a buffet, I did a 180 and headed in that direction.



Twenty five minutes later, I arrived at the KFC. There was a gentleman in line ahead of me, as he placed his order, I heard the young lady cashier tell him that he was entitled to a discount. He received $2 off of the regular price of $8.95 for the buffet. He paid the clerk, with a hungry look in his eye and a smile on his face, he went off to attack the buffet. Then it was MY turn.



"I'll have the buffet as well," I told the young lady. " Am I entitled to a discount too?" I asked. " How old are you, sir?" she replied. I informed her that I was 55 and she said yes, patrons 55 and older get a discount. I recently turned 55 thus I was eligible. A smile crossed my face as she placed plates, napkins, and a cup on a tray for me. Then I pressed my luck, I went a bridge too far. Thinking about future visits, I asked the cashier, " Does this discount have a name?" " Yes sir, it is our " Senior Discount," she said. Ouch!! " I may want to reconsider and pay full price."


I headed off to join my fellow aging warriors of the Buffet Brigade, knowing we'd all be napping shortly after eating. Peace to all.......old John : )

No comments:

Post a Comment