Do you prefer a trash bag with ot without a draw string?

Saturday, March 8, 2014

Giving It Away

"Give it away, give it away, give it away." I could hear The Red Hot Chili Peppers song "Give It Away" playing in my head as my brother, Steven, was chastising me over the phone. Steve has been writing Sherlock Holmes books, zombie themed stories, and his own Frank Randall mystery series, and selling his work on Amazon.com since March of 2013. He quit his job and is now a full time writer. He pointed out that by blogging on free sites, I was not placing any value on my work. I was also fully aware that many people started their days with a cup of coffee and my blog, which at times can be sugary and at other times very strong. I have been posting on this site infrequently although I've built quite the following on a couple of free sites. I've been considering " going pro" for quite some time, especially since a few folks that I introduced to blogging have made a nice supplimental income by writing. So in the words of the great Jackie Gleason..." and away we go!"

Today, 03/08/14, I officially go pro. It'll mean more work behind the scenes but my writing will remain the same. I'll strive to be informative, failing that, be funny! Please click on the Google ads as that is how we bloggers are paid. Please consider my house as your house and visit often, even when my blog may be untidy : ) Peace to all...John : )

No comments:

Post a Comment