Do you prefer a trash bag with ot without a draw string?

Friday, February 5, 2010

Hurts So Bad

I was talking to a friend on the phone, we were discussing relationships as his gf had just moved away. It was a clean break, but we begun talking about painful endings. He said, " some sound like a country song, it hurts so bad, it's like you're still here"....To me, it sounded more Kurt Cobain-esque...I slept on it, then I came up with this...

I'm awakened by the cold, hard rain
the night passes and nothing's changed
stuck in the past, can't get it in gear
it hurt's so badly, it's like you're still here.

I'd compromise for relationship's sake
the more I'd give, the more you'd take
I blame myself cause I knew it was wrong
It hurts so badly, like you've never gone

All of your cheating, and all your lies
all the other men you felt you could hide
tears fall like the rain that I hear outside
it hurts so badly, like you're here by my side

One day soon, I'll bounce back, and you'll see
you'll be no more than a bad memory
thrown 'way like the trash I was to you, dear
I'll move forward, won't hurt like you're still here.

No comments:

Post a Comment