Do you prefer a trash bag with ot without a draw string?

Thursday, February 25, 2010

Come For the Boobs, Stay For the Brains

Hey Lady Godiva

"Lady Godiva, you say you wanna be loved
For what's inside
I don't know much about horses but you
Sure picked a funny place to ride";........... Shel Silverstein, song recorded by Dr Hook
__________________________________________________- _____________________________________
"What have I got
That makes you want to love me?
Now, is it my body or someone I might be
Or somethin' inside me?

You better tell me, tell me
It's really up to you
Have you got the time to find out
Who I really am?"........Alice Cooper

"Come for the boobs, stay for the brains" the heading read. I chuckled at her line. I must admit, as I read her profile and viewed her photos, her wit and assets were both on display in ample amounts. We males are such visual beings. But those of us fortunate enough to have lived to the point of acquiring lines in our faces and grey in our hair know, she is right. Looks fade or one grows tired of "pretty." Don't believe me? I give you exhibit A, Scott Baio.

Many of us remember Baio from "Happy Days" as The Fonz's cousin, Chachi Arcola. Or as the lead in the syndicated series, "Charles In Charge." Recently he has starred on VH1's " Scott Baio is 45 and Single" followed by "Scott Baio is 46 and Pregnant." Back to my story. Years ago, Baio was a guest on The Howard Stern Show. No question is out of bounds when one is a guest on Stern's show. Stern asked Baio what he was worth, to which Baio replied around 17 million. Stern was amazed at the amount, Baio quickly informed Stern that Henry Winkler was responsible for his wealth. Winkler had advised Baio to take less money to act on Charles In Charge and instead negoiate for a percentage of syndication money. Syndication made Baio a wealthy man.

Eventually, as it seemingly always does on Stern's show, the talk turned to sex. This was years ago, and Baio had just broken up with Pam Anderson. Stern smiled and acted as if he was astonished that Baio could let Pam get away. Baio tried to explain, in a very roundabout way, that he was not stimulated in other ways. Finally he told Howard a story. Baio had played at a golf tournament and was sitting in the clubhouse restaurant with a bunch of guys. The group included golfer Lee Trevino. In walks one of the most gorgeous women Baio has ever seen, the entire group of men stare. Finally Trevino says, "I know what you're thinking, guys. But remember, somewhere there is a guy that is tired of that."

So yes, most smart men ( oxymoron ) stay for the mind, the humor, the personality. As a single male, I'm attracted to a pretty face as much as the next dog...er...man. But if an online lady types "there" for "they're and their" uses "your" when "you're" is required, and under favorite authors responds with " I don't read" ( obviously) most thinking men, IMHO, won't be interested in anything long term.

Stay for the mind...bravo, she understands me! Now where was that bikini photo? peace to all...John

No comments:

Post a Comment