Do you prefer a trash bag with ot without a draw string?

Saturday, November 10, 2012

The Facebook Generation- Dirty Laundry

"Dirty little secrets
Dirty little lies
We got our dirty little fingers in everybody's pie
We love to cut you down to size
We love dirty laundry"....Lyrics from Dirty Laundry performed by Don Henley.. 

I'm really glad Facebook was not around when I was in high school. My mom would have never posted a negative status about me for the whole world to see. But suppose we had had Facebook back then and she had posted " my son John is a lazy pothead and even though he scored 3rd out of 365 students on his 10th grade standardized tests, he isn't currently ranked in the top 40% of his class,"I would have been devastated! Yet I see it daily on Facebook. Folks airing their dirty laundry for the world to see.

There are no Mr Peabodys, no Shermans, and no Wayback Machines online.   Once we post something, it's out there. Like a shot gun blast, the words not only hurt the person for which they are targeted, but other family members who love both the writer and the subject as well.

So here is my suggestion. Keep it "in house." If you've a beef with a family member or friend, speak directly to that individual.  This is not the venue for airing dirty laundry. Peace to all...John : )

No comments:

Post a Comment